Monday, September 19, 2011

I love (the idea) of football!!!!

The time we have all been waiting for has come; college football season is finally here! This past weekend I went to the CU alumni watch party for the game against our in-state rival, Colorado State. Long, truly kick-ass story short, Colorado won. I was in my element at this watch party. Surrounded by my fellow Buffaloes. It was great to talk about how amazing our college experience was and say things out loud that I am POSITIVE my swagger says for itself.

I LOVE this time of year, though I’ve come to realize that my love for drinking beer and yelling can be mistaken for a love for the actual sport of football. Let’s get some things straight. I could care less about any team other than the Colorado Buffaloes. I could care less about Colorado’s history with other teams. I could care less about Colorado’s odds in the present game. As long as I am wearing black and gold, have a Coors Light within in reach and can be prompted by those around me to yell obscenities then I AM GOOD. I can see how I confuse others when at the mention of college football I ask, “How ‘bout them Buffs?” This is asked not to start a conversation about our offensive line or our defensive prowess, because if those are the topics then, honestly, I don’t know ‘bout them Buffs. No, I ask simply to assert my blind loyalty and begin phase one of my newest project: Tell everyone I ever meet how great Boulder is.

No comments:

Post a Comment