Monday, September 20, 2010

Flying Solo

After my summer sublease was up at the beginning of August I moved into a one-bedroom apartment. This is my first time living solo and after living with 10 girls for two years it is quite the change. Quite the terrifying change. I know some people have fears that they will choke alone in their apartment or trip over a loose edge of a rug, but mine are much more frightening. What if I go out to meet friends and am overdressed? Underdressed? Not dressed? A problem only a roommate could alert me to. This independence has forced me to buy all the things I have been stealing from my roommates for years. Like cotton balls, Sriracha hot sauce and underwear. Sure there are perks, I can finally push the toothpaste from the end of the tube without coming back and finding that someone was a real jerk and squeezed the perfectly shaped middle, but I need someone to go on late night food runs with me. That and it's really hard to hold your own beer bong.

No comments:

Post a Comment