Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Keepin' In The Know

As I was driving to my internship today I noticed the beach was very overcast, much more overcast than I have seen before. I didn’t think much of it; I have grown to know the fog burns off later in the afternoon. I noticed the fog was still around later in the afternoon and when I left my internship for lunch it was clear there was a full on wildfire somewhere. I could not see the ocean and since one of my new things is “keepin’ in the know” I googled a Los Angeles news channel’s website to get some answers. There was no headline for ‘smoke’, ‘smog’, ‘fog’ or anything of that sort. There was no way this issue could be a common thing, there must be some reporting on this! I searched the site in a frenzy; was my health in danger? What I stumbled upon at the bottom of this website lead me to the only conclusion possible: LA does not have real news channels.
As I scrolled to the bottom of the page without a sign of information of my potential impending doom, I saw four tabs that are clearly more important than a wildfire in my surrounding area: PHOTOS: College Cheerleaders, PHOTOS: Who Is My Celebrity Parent? PHOTOS: Crazy California Laws and PHOTOS: 2010 Celebrity Deaths.

REALLY, LA, REALLY?

UPDATE: It wasn’t a wildfire. It was overcast. But still. Those bottom tabs are just ridiculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment