Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Am I Over The Hill?

I have been having some difficulty in adjusting to life after college. It's not an easy transition. There are still so many things I'm unsure of. These include, but are not limited to, working long hours all day-how does this work, when does one nap? What do you talk about with your older co-workers if they are not fans of The Hills? And lastly, where does one buy wine that doesn't come in a box?
I loved pretty much everything about college, and thinking back on the past four years leaves me asking myself why I didn't fail some classes to keep my love affair with Boulder going strong? After 2 months of post-grad life, I have to admit that the wound is still fresh. That is why when I was asked about my summer plans "before school starts up again" by an unknown guy at a party, I choked back tears and admitted that I was a graduate. He followed this by telling me I was old-he did not say this in a joking manner. Now, being a graduate is offensive enough, but to be called old on top of that is down right slanderous. I didn't know whether I should be more upset that he thought I was old- 22 is a PRIME age- or if I should be more upset that I was so upset by this. That made me feel even older. Now I know how the cast of Sex and The City feel when the critics say their movie needs to speed up production before their faces show their true age. I have never felt SO in sync with Carrie, Miranda, Samantha and Charlotte. Stay strong, ladies! They can't keep us down!

No comments:

Post a Comment